Cookery Ideas has a mission – to curate the amazing work of food bloggers, recipe developers and chefs. If you’re not sure what it means to ‘curate’, think of the work a museum curator does. They put together exhibitions based on a theme featuring the best examples of that theme.
In a similar fashion, Cookery Ideas aims to collect together the fantastic work of food bloggers and recipe developers. Curated posts are often themed around seasons, events or trends. Sometimes we feature a collection, sometimes something on it’s own.
We welcome contributions from food bloggers, recipe developers or anyone who has something food related to share. There are three main ways you can contribute and get noticed.
- Food bloggers can submit a complete recipe (or post) for publishing on our site. Google no longer penalises duplicate content so we’re more than happy to share your current or past content with our readers. It may well be the first time they’ve seen it.
- We quite often publish posts with links to multiple site, usually based on a theme (like this one). If you prefer to have a mention rather than submit a guest post, that’s just fine with us. Tell us all about it and we’ll arrange to fit it in.
- Advertisers can send in posts that are part of a content marketing campaign. If that’s something you’re interested in then you can find out more about that here.
You may be asking, ‘what’s in it for me?‘ Cookery Ideas actively promote each and every post. We share them to the most effective places…
- So far Pinterest is driving a lot of traffic to the Cookery Ideas website
- Twitter is also driving interest in our posts, especially with the help of services like Triberr and Buffer.
- Facebook is proving to be very useful, we’re always sharing something there!
- We’re even posting to Tumblr!
We spend a lot of time ensuring each post, guest or otherwise, is seen by as many people as possible. This helps us but it’s also a major benefit for you. We’re spreading your name, link and work through all our social media channels.
While we do share to social networks, we also have a regular weekly newsletter. Our posts (plus other items of interest) are sent out every saturday to genuinely interested subscribers. It’s just another way we can reach out to those who are really interested in recipes and more. We use Mailchimp for that, a very reliable and trustworthy service.
Every post that we publish, we try to ensure that it’s optimized as best as possible for search engines. We use the Yoast plugin for WordPress, it works very well for us and highly recommend it. It’s part of a continuing effort to ensure each and every post is seen by as many people as possible.
If you’re interested in finding out more about guest posts, mentions or content marketing then fill out the form below and lets talk.